Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun gem has 5 senses
- gem, gemstone, stone - a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry; "he had the gem set in a ring for his wife"; "she had jewels made of all the rarest stones"
--1 is a kind of crystal
--1 is a part of jewelry, jewellery
--1 has particulars: cabochon; opaque gem; transparent gem
- gem, treasure - art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
--2 is a kind of art, fine art
- jewel, gem - a person who is a brilliant and precious as a piece of jewelry
--3 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- muffin, gem - a sweet quick bread baked in a cup-shaped pan
--4 is a kind of quick bread
--4 has particulars: bran muffin; corn muffin; popover
- jewel, gem, precious stone - a precious or semiprecious stone incorporated into a piece of jewelry
--5 is a kind of jewelry, jewellery
--5 has particulars: