Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
1. A German surname, often associated with Friedrich Engels, the philosopher and co-author of "The Communist Manifesto" with Karl Marx.
Sample sentence: Friedrich Engels played a crucial role in the development of Marxist theory.Search on Amazon for books related to Friedrich Engels
2. A sparkling alcoholic beverage made from fermented apple juice or cider, typically associated with regions such as Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium.
Sample sentence: I love sipping on a cold glass of Engels during the summer.Search on Amazon for Engels cider
3. A person from England, with variant spellings like "Englander" or "Anglo."
Sample sentence: The Engels have a beautiful accent! I love listening to them speak.Search on Amazon for England memorabilia
4. Pertaining to Friedrich Engels or his philosophical ideas.
Sample sentence: Marxist theories often include Engels' concepts of historical materialism.Search on Amazon for books on Marxist theory
5. Popular or well-liked among a particular group or community.
Sample sentence: The indie band's latest album is quite Engels among music enthusiasts.Search on Amazon for indie music
engeering engeged engelbert humperdinck engelen engelhardt engelmann s spruce engelmann spruce engelmannia engels engendeer engender, engender engendered engendering engenders engeneery engenheiro|