Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective dummy has 1 sense
- dummy - having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to function; "a dummy corporation"
Antonym: natural (indirect, via artificial)
Noun dummy has 4 senses
- dummy, silent person - a person who does not talk
--1 is a kind of mute, deaf-mute, deaf-and-dumb person
- dumbbell, dummy, dope, boob, booby, pinhead - an ignorant or foolish person
--2 is a kind of simpleton, simple
- dummy - a figure representing the human form
--3 is a kind of figure
--3 has particulars:
- blank, dummy, blank shell - a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
--4 is a kind of cartridge
Verb dummy has 1 sense
- dummy, dummy up - make a dummy of; "dummy up the books that are to be published"
--1 is one way to produce, make, create
Somebody ----s something