Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun duet has 5 senses
- couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad - two items of the same kind
--1 is a kind of two, 2, II, deuce
--1 has particulars: doubleton
- duet, duette, duo - two performers or singers who perform together
--2 is a kind of musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
--2 has particulars: Laurel and Hardy
- couple, twosome, duo, duet - a pair who associate with one another; "the engaged couple"; "an inseparable twosome"
--3 is a kind of pair
--3 has particulars: same-sex marriage
- duet, duette, duo - a musical composition for two performers
--4 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
--4 has parts: primo; secondo
- pas de deux, duet - (ballet) a dance for two people (usually a ballerina and a danseur noble)
--5 is a kind of dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation
--5 is a part of ballet, concert dance
--5 has parts: adagio