Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
Beelzebub is a term often associated with the Devil or the chief devil in demonology. It is derived from the Hebrew word "Baal-zvuv" meaning "lord of the flies." Beelzebub is widely mentioned in religious texts and is considered an embodiment of evil in various mythologies.
Senses and Usages:
- Noun: Refers to the chief devil, often associated with Satan.
- Sample Sentence: Many believe that Beelzebub is a malevolent force working against humanity.
- Noun: Used metaphorically to denote an extremely evil or wicked person.
- Sample Sentence: The cruel dictator was often referred to as Beelzebub by his numerous victims.
- Noun: Informally, used to describe something or someone who brings great chaos or disorder.
- Sample Sentence: The loud party upstairs turned the quiet apartment into Beelzebub's lair.
- Noun: Can be used humorously to refer to a mischievous or troublesome child.
- Sample Sentence: The little boy was nicknamed Beelzebub by his siblings due to his endless pranks.
Find books and movies related to Beelzebub on Amazon: