Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective aware has 5 senses
- aware - (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing realization or perception; "was aware of his opponent's hostility"; "became aware of her surroundings"; "aware that he had exceeded the speed limit"
Antonyms: unaware, oblivious, unmindful, unconscious, unsuspecting
- mindful, aware - bearing in mind; attentive to; "ever mindful of her health"; "mindful of his responsibilities"; "mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action"
- witting, aware - aware or knowing; "a witting tool of the Communists"
- cognizant, cognisant, well aware, aware - (usually followed by `of') having knowledge or understanding; "our youth are cognizant of the law"; "I am well aware of his limitations"
- aware, knowing, knowledgeable - alert and fully informed; "politically aware"; "a knowing collector of rare books"; "the most...technically aware of the novelists under thirty"- W.S.Graham; "surprisingly knowledgeable about what was going on"
Antonym: uninformed (indirect, via informed)