Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
Antonio Lucio Vivaldi
Antonio Lucio Vivaldi (1678–1741) was an Italian composer and violinist of the Baroque period. He is widely recognized as one of the greatest composers in classical music history. Vivaldi's compositions, especially his concertos, played a major role in the development of the musical genre known as the concerto grosso.
- Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" is his most famous work.
- Antonio Lucio Vivaldi was born in Venice, Italy.
- The complexity and beauty of Vivaldi's music still captivate audiences today.
- Vivaldi was a virtuoso violinist, and his talent is evident in his compositions.
- Many of Vivaldi's compositions were rediscovered in the 20th century and gained immense popularity.